Level 2 – Active Member of Les Clefs Dor U.A.E
Les Clefs d’Or is an international network of men and women with common interests and goals. They have their own mystique, a combination of their expertise sources of inside information, intelligence and communication. The Association is non-political, non-religious and definitely not a trade union of any sort but is based on friendship between members to assist international travellers and tourist.
Qualifications to Apply
- Minimum age is 21 and over.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a hotel concierge in the hotel Lobby.
- Minimum 3 years as DCG or ADCG
- Must display active participation and contribution to the Society.
- Must bear the job title of Chief/Head Concierge, Supervisor/ Team Leader Concierge, Concierge Agent, and/or Guest Services-Concierge Manager during the period of application.
- Compulsory to attend minimum 10 monthly meetings of the Les Clefs d’Or out of the 12 monthly meetings in a calendar year. Only 2 excused absences are permitted in a calendar year.
- Must present 1 project initiated, organized and spearheaded by the applicant in the past during his DCG or ADCG membership. The project may be of any nature, big or small, hotel wide or city wide.
- Completed Full Membership Form.
- One Passport-sized photo (coloured).
- Current resume of the applicant
- Original Employment Certificate from applicant’s Human Resources, signed and sealed.
- Original recommendation letters from minimum Two Active Les Clefs d’Or members.
- A 100-word essay depicting your personal view on the topic: “When I become an Active member Les Clefs d’Or U.A.E, what do I think is expected of me, and what do I expect from being a Les Clefs d’Or in U.A.E”
- Application will be perused by the Membership Committee headed by the 2nd Vice President.
- After assessment of application, Membership Committee will give recommendations; whether to schedule a one-time panel interview or otherwise, by the Executive Committee.
- No panel interview means application has been found unsatisfactory in accordance to the eligibility of the core committee (Executive Committee) and there will be no explanation to be given by any committee member.
- When application is favourable, then Executive Committee will schedule panel interview communicated by the National Secretary-General via email. In turn, applicant should reply to the email invite for the interview scheduled ideally once in every 4 months.
- Executive Committee will vote on the approval or disapproval of the application, and shall recommend to the national President for veto or ratification
- Rejected applications will be communicated within 7 days to the applicants via email by the National Secretary General; Applicants should acknowledge receipt of email communique.
- Successful candidates will be promptly informed by phone and by email to follow within 7 days by the National Secretary General.
- Successful members will be invited to their pinning ceremony.